Shockwave Therapy in Vancouver DowntownAt Limelight Wellness Clinic
Shockwave Therapy at Our Clinic
The doctors at Limelight Wellness Clinic are trained to provide the best care using the latest technology, such as our top of the line shockwave therapy machines. After a thorough assessment by one of our highly qualified physicians, you will receive one of the best shockwave therapy treatments right here in our physiotherapy clinic.
Shockwave Therapy is a technology also known as EPAT and Pressure Wave which treats acute and chronic pain like knee pain, heel pain, achilles tendinopathy, foot pain, ankle pain, tennis elbow, shoulder pain, calcium deposit by introducing high-energy sound waves to painful tissue. It can also be used for trigger point therapy, sports injuries, scar tissue, stress fractures, enhances bone healing and cellulitis.
The treatment works by enhancing the regenerative potential, Angiogenesis and increasing blood flow to the affected tissue. Treatment results appear after 1 or 3 treatments and there is no downtime.
Why Choose Limelight Wellness for Shockwave Therapy in Vancouver
One-on-one shockwave treatment provided by experienced registered physiotherapists
Our equipment is high quality and FDA Approved to ensure you get the best results possible.
Located right next to Yaletown-Roundhouse subway station.
Our Patients Love Us
Over 80 five star reviews proves clinic’s excellence in delivering high quality patient care
Schedule an Appointment with Alireza (Ali) Sarmadi
Our Registered Physiotherapist
Alireza embarked on his healthcare career, in 1996 attending medical school in Iran. After earning his Bachelors in Physiotherapy, he continued to pursue a Masters and finally a PhD in this field. Working as an assistant professor at TMU University he gained hands on experience in Physiotherapy. In 2012, Ali moved to Canada, beginning his clinical experience by working at the University Physiotherapy clinic, as well as several private clinics, public hospitals, and community based programs treating acute and chronic conditions in addition to post operation rehabilitation.
With more than ten years of hands on experience with physiotherapy techniques, manual therapy, IMS, human mechanics, rehabilitation, orthopedic and sport injuries, stroke and Parkinson rehabilitation, Ali takes a holistic approach and addresses individual needs of his patients.
How does Shockwave Treatment Work?
- Skin Cell Treatments – The shockwave treatment impacts the chemical makeup of tissues at the cellular level – and as a result release natural substances which help you get relief from pain and inflammation.
- Increased Blood Flow – Shockwave treatments help to normalize blood flow through their revascularization effect . The soft tissue can heal and regenerate as fresh blood flows into the affected areas facilitating the healing process.
- Reduction of Muscle Tone – Shockwave treatments can reduce the contraction of muscles and eliminate issues of neuro-cognitive pain that results from chronic conditions. The process reduces muscle spasm and tone and even helps with easing the trigger points.
- Pain Relief – Pain signals are carried to our brain through nerve fibers following the Gate Control Mechanism. Shockwave therapy can prevent the transmission of pain signals to the brain as they directly impact the nerves and stop the transmission of pain signals.
What to Expect from Shockwave Treatment?
The expert physiotherapist at Limelight Wellness will evaluate your condition and determine if shockwave treatment will be able to resolve your condition. If you qualify for treatment, we will use state of the art equipment to conduct a shockwave therapy session which lasts 3 to 5 minutes.
You may feel a bit of discomfort but most patients find it tolerable. The physiotherapist can also use other techniques such as manual therapy and medication to provide a holistic treatment for better recovery.
Can I Benefit from Shockwave Therapy?
You can get relief from pain and discomfort in a number of conditions:
- Golfer’s Elbow and Tennis Elbow
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Calcific Tendonitis
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Heel pain and spurs
- Myofascial Trigger Points pain
- Myositis Ossificans
If you’re looking to get rid of pain, lead a healthy lifestyle and do more with your body – all without depending on the many medications, a shockwave therapy might be all that you need. Try it out for yourself at our Vancouver clinic, and experience the difference for yourself!