Microblading in Vancouver at Limelight Wellness Centre
Transform your brows with our expert microblading service, creating perfectly shaped and natural-looking eyebrows that frame your face beautifully.
What exactly is Microblading?
Microblading is a forward thinking and innovative semi-permanent form of cosmetic tattooing, that is applied to the brow area to provide natural looking brows that exude a full visual profile.
This specific method of tattooing offers eyebrow architecture that is very realistic looking and is designed to perfectly fit a patient’s face shape. With regards to the procedure, using a handheld pen-like tool with the nib being a sloped blade with 10 to 12 tiny needles at the end of it – these just scratch the surface.
The needle delicately implants featherweight strokes with a medical grade pigment that is implanted in the skin’s dermal layer to showcase hair-like material. Pigments are selected based on the patient’s natural or desired brow colour and skin tone is also a factor in the decision-making process.
Microblading is an excellent solution for people who want beautiful and consistent looking eyebrows, without having to go through the tedious process of penciling in eyebrows on a daily basis. Microblading typically lasts for one to three years depending on the patient’s skin type, skincare routine, and other elements also factor in.
Our experts create natural-looking, long-lasting results.
What does the Microblading process consist of?
The microblading process slightly differs from clinic to clinic but they essentially flow this way:
- The brow area is shaped by threading the hairs to clean up the area and prepare it for the treatment.
- A topical numbing cream is applied and usually takes around 45 minutes or so to take its full effect. This is a good time to decide on the brow shade in collaboration with the patient.
- Measuring the brow area is done to more accurately conclude the patient’s face symmetry, shape, facial features, and other visual considerations.
- This is when the needling process begins by implanting the pigment using gentle strokes, and the colour pigment seeps and settles in. More numbing cream can be applied at this stage if there’s some level of discomfort for the patient, and it takes effect after five minutes.
- A final layer of pigment is inserted and stays on for roughly five minutes, and is cleaned after. The brows look lovely at this point.
- A top-up session is done within 6 to 8 weeks after the initial procedure was done, to fill in any gaps that may exist where the pigment wasn’t properly picked up.
- Semi-permanent solution for the thinning eyebrows
- Ideal to cover scars and gaps
- Define shape and create an arch
- Natural looking eyebrows for people with little hair or no hair
- Create very fine, realistic hair strokes that do not blur later on
Someone who has thinning eyebrows, or wants to avoid daily touchups is a good candidate for microblading.
A topical numbing cream is used, and another local anesthetic is typically used throughout the treatment to minimize discomfort. We want our patients to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
This microblading procedure, on average, takes around 2 to 3 hours for the initial appointment, and the touch-up sessions usually take an hour to two hours.
What can I expect after?
Let's Read !
I know them for a few years and used their services multiple time... awesome team... great results.... highly recommend.