Microblading Treatment in Vancouver DowntownAt Limelight Wellness Clinic
What exactly is Microblading?
Microblading is a forward thinking and innovative semi-permanent form of cosmetic tattooing, that is applied to the brow area to provide natural looking brows that exude a full visual profile. This specific method of tattooing offers eyebrow architecture that is very realistic looking and is designed to perfectly fit a patient’s face shape. With regards to the procedure, using a handheld pen-like tool with the nib being a sloped blade with 10 to 12 tiny needles at the end of it – these just scratch the surface. The needle delicately implants featherweight strokes with a medical grade pigment that is implanted in the skin’s dermal layer to showcase hair-like material. Pigments are selected based on the patient’s natural or desired brow colour and skin tone is also a factor in the decision-making process. Microblading is an excellent solution for people who want beautiful and consistent looking eyebrows, without having to go through the tedious process of penciling in eyebrows on a daily basis. Microblading typically lasts for one to three years depending on the patient’s skin type, skincare routine, and other elements also factor in.
What does the Microblading process consist of?
The microblading process slightly differs from clinic to clinic but they essentially flow this way:
- The brow area is shaped by threading the hairs to clean up the area and prepare it for the treatment.
- A topical numbing cream is applied and usually takes around 45 minutes or so to take its full effect. This is a good time to decide on the brow shade in collaboration with the patient.
- Measuring the brow area is done to more accurately conclude the patient’s face symmetry, shape, facial features, and other visual considerations.
- This is when the needling process begins by implanting the pigment using gentle strokes, and the colour pigment seeps and settles in. More numbing cream can be applied at this stage if there’s some level of discomfort for the patient, and it takes effect after five minutes.
- A final layer of pigment is inserted and stays on for roughly five minutes, and is cleaned after. The brows look lovely at this point.
- A top-up session is done within 6 to 8 weeks after the initial procedure was done, to fill in any gaps that may exist where the pigment wasn’t properly picked up.
Why Choose Limelight Wellness for Microblading Treatment in Vancouver
One-on-one microblading treatment provided by experienced skin care specialist
Our equipment is high quality and FDA Approved to ensure you get the best results possible.
Located right next to Yaletown-Roundhouse subway station.
Our Patients Love Us
Over 80 five star reviews proves clinic’s excellence in delivering high quality patient care
What are the benefits?
- Semi-permanent solution for the thinning eyebrows
- Ideal to cover scars and gaps
- Define shape and create an arch
- Natural looking eyebrows for people with little hair or no hair
- Create very fine, realistic hair strokes that do not blur later on
Who is this treatment ideal for?
Someone who has thinning eyebrows, or wants to avoid daily touchups is a good candidate for microblading.
Does the treatment hurt?
A topical numbing cream is used, and another local anesthetic is typically used throughout the treatment to minimize discomfort. We want our patients to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
What is the time investment required?
This microblading procedure, on average, takes around 2 to 3 hours for the initial appointment, and the touch-up sessions usually take an hour to two hours.
What can I expect after?
Right after receiving treatment a patient’s eyebrows look bold in colour and are slightly swollen. Improvement is experienced a day or two after with the swelling going down, and a week or so after, the colour fades a few shades to more accurately reveal the chosen shade.