Hyperpigmentation Treatment in Vancouver at Limelight Wellness Centre
Unveil a brighter, more radiant complexion with our advanced hyperpigmentation treatment, designed to fade dark spots and uneven skin tone, revealing your true luminous beauty.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Melasma, also known as facial hyperpigmentation, causes brown or tan patches on the face, due to an overproduction of melanin. There are a number of triggers to melasma including pregnancy, birth control pills, and sun exposure. Melanin is the primary determinant of skin pigmentation and hair color, and if you produce too much melanin in any area of your body, the result is hyperpigmentation, a brown spot, or discoloration on your skin.
Can laser treat hyperpigmentation?
There are many different forms of hyperpigmentation, and the type of cosmetic procedure that is most appropriate for treating hyperpigmentation depends on the way that the condition presents, as well as the skin tone of the patient. Patients who are interested in reducing the appearance of age spots and sun damage may benefit from having laser treatment.
Swipe Left and Right for better view
IS PIGMENTATION LASER TREATMENT RIGHT FOR ME?
This laser facial treatment can treat:
Hyperpigmentation treatment/pigmentation treatment
Sun damage treatment/sun damage on the face
Uneven skin tone on face
Sun damage on decolletage
Sun damage or sun spots on hands or forearms
Hyperpigmentation Treatment FAQ’s
• Clients on retinol products, glycolic acid or other AHA containing products or hydroquinone containing products should stop them 3 days before having laser
• You will need to make sure you do not have a tan on your face so avoid sunbathing the face for 14 days before your laser treatment and no sunbed use for 14 days before
• No fake tan can be on the face on the day you have laser so avoid self-tanning products on the face for 7 days before treatment
During treatment, some patients may feel discomfort and we advise clients to take 2 paracetamol 30 minutes before their appointment.
Depending on your skin type (and the lesion being treated), some redness and swelling may be visible and the pigmented area will initially go darker and will remain darker for around 5 days before it fades.
• Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area (this can feel like mild sunburn).
• The application of a cool pack during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
• The application of sudo crem is recommended and can be done at home that evening
• The pigmentation will get worse (go darker) initially before flaking off
• Avoid sun exposure to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation. SPF 50 sunscreen is a MUST.
• Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin as this may darken any areas of pigmentation.
• Avoid hot baths, exercise and heat treatments, and treat the skin gently – as if you had sunburn – for the first 24 hours.
Let's Read !
Having read several reviews on the internet regarding the reliable laser center in Vancouver, I selected Limelight for face laser removal and now, after having received four sessions of laser treatment, I am absolutely delighted with my choice.
Aside from being amazing, there is a fantastic staff at the clinic. They are professional, caring, and kind. I admire Aida's dedication and diligence in particular. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking professional service in the field of laser aesthetics.